The curriculum at St. Jude’s Catholic Primary School is closely tied to our school mission statement, ‘We live, love and learn together joyfully in Jesus’ name.’
The Gospel Values that Jesus taught us underpin our curriculum. Through our Gospel Values and the Catholic School Pupil Profile, we have created an environment where children can learn to live these in all aspects of their life. In our attitude towards behaviour and in our learning.
The curriculum is sequenced to allow pupils to build upon knowledge gained in previous academic years. It is delivered through a variety of teaching and learning styles to ensure that the learning experience is motivating, challenging and promotes curiosity. In this way each child has the experience of working independently and co-operatively – in a variety of situations and is given the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
- Curriculum Long Term Overview – 2023/24
Religious Education at St. Jude’s Catholic Primary School forms an integral part of our overall curriculum in addition to being a subject taught in its own right. In essence, it is at the core of all we say and do.
Curriculum newsletters are provide an overview of the curriculum areas that are delivered throughout your child’s schooling. These are sent to you directly and are available on class pages on this website. You are welcome to talk to your child’s class teacher if you wish to receive further information about the curriculum we are delivering.
You will also find more about our school curriculum in the ‘Curriculum Statement’ document below. Detailed year group and subject long term plans provide useful information for everyone.
- Curriculum Statement
- Developing Cultural Capital
- The St. Jude’s 48 – half term activities for each year group
The Birmingham Education and Schools’ Strategy and Improvement Plan and the Birmingham Curriculum Statement are available on the Birmingham Education Improvement web page
Subject Long Term Overviews
- Art Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- Computing Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- Design Technology Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- English Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- Geography Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- History Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- Maths Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- Music Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- PE Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- RE Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- Science Long Term Overview – 2023/24
- Spanish Long Term Overview – 2023/24
Subject Statements of Intent
- Art and Design Statement of Intent
- Computing Statement of Intent
- Design and Technology Statement of Intent
- English Statement of Intent
- Geography Statement of Intent
- History Statement of Intent
- Mathematics Statement of Intent
- Music Statement of Intent
- PE Statement of Intent
- Phonics Statement of Intent
- RE Statement of Intent
- Science Statement of Intent
- Spanish Statement of Intent